Pre-grouted Mosaic Installation Tips & Tools
1. Latricrete 4237RS & Laticrete 254R
a) Using Latricrete 4237RS Rapid Latex Thin-Set Mortar Additive with Laticrete 211 Crete Filler Powder.
b) Using Laticrete 254R Platinum Rapid Multipurpose Thin-Set Mortar
- Stir Laticrete 4237RS Rapid Latex Thin-Set Mortar Additive thoroughly before use.
- Use approximately 1 gallon (4liters) of Laticrete 4237RS to 35lbs(16kg) of Laticrete 211 in a clean plastic pail.
- Do not dilute and mix to a smooth, trowelable consistency.
- Allow mortar to slake for 5 minutes.
- Adjust consistency if necessary.
- Remix and apply with the 5/32” x 5/32” (3,5mm) notched trowel.
Laticrete Technical assistance:
- Place , potable water into a clean pail.
- Add Laticrete 254R.
- Use approximately 3qts. (2.9 liters) of water for 25lbs. (11.3 kg) of powder.
- Mix by hand or with a slow speed mixer to a smooth, trowelable consistency.
- Allow mortar to slake for 5 minutes. Remix without adding any more water or powder, and apply with the 5/32” x 5/32” (3.5mm) notched trowel.
- During use, stir occasionally to keep mix fluffy.
- Do not temper with water
Toll free : 800.243.4788, ext.235
Telephone : 203.393.0010, ext.235
Fax : 203.393.1948
2. Adhesive spreading by 5/32”x5/32” (3,5mm) square notched trowel
3. Prefinished mosaic sheets placing onto the wet sticky mortar bedding
4. Beat and equalize the mosaic surface using a rubber float.
Check mortar for complete coverage by periodically removing a prefinished mosaic sheet and inspecting bedding mortar transfer onto back of mosaic tiles.
5. Mosaic sheet in stripes cutting by utility knife.
6. Cutting on pencil sketch and or following a template, by vairiable speed right angle grinder equipped with Mosaic-Stone Italiana specific diamond disk.
7. Cutting mosaic tile per tile, using mosaic nippers.
8. Sheet 45° edge shaping, with variable speed right angle grinder equipped by “satellite” an exclusive tool designed and manufactured by Mosaic-Stone Italiana Technicians.
9. "Satellite" an exclusive tool designed and manufactured by Mosaic-Stone Italiana.
10. Staircase shaped surface covering by two sheets with 54° shaped edges See the price list for quotations.
11. Edge joint filling with "Stoneglue" Tube.
12. "Stoneglue" Tube with exclusive modified ploymer, the same as per the prefinished mosaic sheets joint filler See the price list for quotations.
13. Edge rounding with punched abrasive disk.
14. Edge finishing with abrasive brush.
15. Thanks to the extreme malleability of prefinished Mosaic-Stone Italiana, rounded shapes on demand can be easy executed.
16. A perfect chair rail manufacturing
- Cut the sheet with utility knife as shown on the image of step #5 in a rounded fashion.
- Finish the edges on all sides as shown on the images on step #13 and #14.
- The chair rail can be installed using "Stoneglue".
17. The chair rail results extremely resistant and inalterable, thanks to the heavy duty Mosaic-Stone Italiana prefinished mosaic and to the "Stoneglue" elasticity.
Prev » Slab Installation (Countertop) Specification Guide